- Updated: 06 July 2015
Becoming An Affiliate
If you would like to start and/or form an archery club in your area, then below are the requirements to become a charter VBA club (target and/or 3-D):
- Endorsement of a sponsoring club, signed by the President and Secretary.
- Pay a VBA charter fee of $25.00. Effective, January 1, 2015.
- Have a minimum of 8 members.
- All VBA membership dues must accompany the application.
- The range facilities and course must be approved by the Field Governor or his/her representative.
- Provide the new club's President and Secretary contact information (mailing address, E-mail, Phone Numbers), Club's mail address and the new club/range.
- Charter as an Associate club with full voting privileges, but without an approved range or may not sponsor invitational sanctioned tournaments. In order to establish an archery range, a club will need at least one acre of land for a 14/28 Field Target and/or 3-D range, a practice range, and clubhouse/facilities.
- or, Charter as a Commercial Pro Shop. Fee will be $50.oo per year and a 50% reduction on the cost of a FLIGHT ad. Effective, January 2014.
For further details and an application, contact Marie Bell, Executive State Secretary.
Information For Affiliates
OPEN, CLOSED and 3-D (Spring and Fall) State Tournaments
The VBA State Tournaments are awarded on a bid system. All bids are submitted and accepted at the June quarterly meeting. All Archers are welcome at State Tournaments. At the State Indoors and State Closed, you must be a VBA member in order to be eligible for an award, and Guest may receive an award at the discretion of the hosting club.
Registration Fees for the Indoor, State Open and Closed Tournaments shall be $20.00 each for the first two adult archers, $5.00 each for the first two youth (under age 18) archers, with a maximum of $50.00 per family. Effective, January 1, 2015.
For further details and explanations on the VBA State Tournaments, see the sections on VBA Guide To Shoots (370.25 kB), VBA Classification System (216.48 kB) and VBA Event Registration Form (354.48 kB). You may also contact VBA Field Vice President for any questions.
VBA's Application for Individual Achievement Awards
Bill Bennett Big Game Award and Its History
The “Bill Bennett Big Game Award” was established in June 1951. The award is give to an individual bowhunter in good standing, for harvesting a whitetail deer, black bear or turkey in any state and has submitted a written application. All applications much be completed and forwarded to Marie G. Bell, Executive State Secretary within 90 days of harvest or NLT then the end of February of each year. VBA Big Game Application (286.16 kb)
VBA Club Range Inspections (Indoor, Outdoor & 3-D Ranges)
VBA range inspections are needed for all new ranges, ranges that have made changes or within 30 days prior to State Tournaments. All ranges should be re-inspected every five years. Clubs that need to have their range(s) inspected (Indoor, Outdoor and 3-D), to please contact the VBA Field Vice President.
The VBA has a $ 500.00 Conservation Scholarship Available each year [providing funds are available]. Written request for the scholarship must be submitted to the VBA President by March 1st for approval by the directors. VBA members and their immediate family members are eligible. Scholarship can be used at any institute of higher learning for Forestry or Wildlife Conservation/Law Enforcement.
Order of the Golden Feather Nominations (Due in March Of Each Year)
The VBA Order of the Golden Feather was created to honor those persons who have given unselfishly of their time and talents toward the betterment of archery and archers. Recipients are persons who possess the virtues of sportsmanship, character, morals, integrity and friendship. As a reflection of the substance for membership, only 80 people have been elected to the Order in the past 71 years. To be qualified, a candidate must be member in good standing of the VBA at the time of nomination, must have a minimum of ten successive years’ membership in the VBA and must be sponsored by three VBA members of good standing or by a VBA Club. This article is a reminder that candidates must be submitted to the Board of Directors at the March meeting for this year. Nominations must be in writing and be signed by sponsoring individuals or a Club officer. Successful nominees have always performed duties or had an impact outside their immediate club.
Details can be found in Article 16 of the VBA By-Laws.