- Updated: 16 April 2012
How do I sign up?
1. Go to http://my.register-ed.com/.
2. Select Virginia by clicking it on the map or by selecting it from the drop down list at the bottom of the map.
3. Use your mouse to click on Virginia Bowhunter Education Course (IBEP) that is listed under the heading "Virginia DGIF Hunting Programs"
4. You will be taken to a calendar for the current month. Use the calendar to move to any month that you want to take the course. Notice that the is a box just above the monthly calendar that allows you to select a distance that you are willing to drive to take the course. The default is set at 25 miles, but if there are no courses offered within your desired timeframe, you can always increase the distance you are willing to drive to see if there are any others being offered at greater distances.
5. When you find a course listed on the calendar that you are interested in, double click on that event. You will now be taken to an information sheet that tells you about the IBEP class being offered at Fort Belvoir on the date you selected. At the top left of the screen you see a button that says "Yes, Register Me". Use your mouse to click on this icon.
6. You will now be taken to a form that you must complete in order to register for the IBEP class. Note that any field which has a red * symbol is a mandatory field and must be filled in. It is very important that you accurately enter all required information - this will be put into the database and used to verify that you completed the course if you ever lose your IBEP course completion card. You will also be asked to create your own unique Username and Password. You cannot register without doing this. Your Username and Password will also allow you to register for future hunter education courses offered by the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
7. Once you have completed the form, then select the button labelled "Next" at the bottom of the page. If you have failed to complete a mandatory field, or incorrectly entered data in a mandatory field, the system will take you back to the top of the form. Scroll down and you will see message in red text by the missing or incorrect data. Re-enter correctly, then scroll down and click on "Next".
8. Almost there! You will now be taken to a screen where you must verify that you understand the cancellation policy. Check the box indicating you understand, the select the button that says "Register".
9. Congratulations - You are now registered.
10. If you have any problems, call 1-888-516-0844 during normal business hours, and a help desk representative will assist you!
- << Prev